The Cut is a centre for the arts at the heart of our community.
We are the only dedicated multi arts provision in our area. Our vision is to inspire creativity and enrich the lives of our communities by providing a high quality, varied artistic, education and participatory programme.
The Cut offers our community the chance to engage with and be entertained by a variety of art forms.
We play a significant role in the cultural, social, and economic development of the town.
Our key objectives are to:
- Inspire, stimulate, and support creativity
- Offer the widest range of unique learning opportunities across all ages
- Be open and accessible to all
- Optimise the use of our resources and building
- Generate income to ensure that we are here for many generations to come
- Work in partnership with public bodies, business, education and community organisations and agencies
To achieve our aims we offer three strands of work:
- Live events, live streaming, and film screenings including theatre, dance, music, and comedy
- Participatory workshops, events, classes, and experiences including performing arts, visual arts and craft and holistic wellbeing
- Visual art exhibitions
The Cut is administered by New Cut Arts a Registered Charity and operates under the following charitable objectives:
- To promote art for public benefit
- To advance education for public benefit
- To provide facilities for recreation and other leisure-time occupation in the interests of social welfare with the objective of improving the conditions of life for residents of the area